It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: ok so diy summer 09
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:21 pm 
Site Admin

i texted elissa and she doesnt want to deal with wings court anymore. so if we want to have shows there, we should get in touch with city hall now and see what we can do.i'd like to have like bi weekly shows there weather permitting. i'm sure they could be held acoustically inside if it wouldnt work with the weather. now i know youre all gonna bitch, but there cant be ANY moshing or trouble of that sort, or littering or damage to city property. so if this is going to work at all i think like 5 of us should get together and plan it out somehow soon. i also think it would be rad if people did 1 band house shows in their garages. ohh and medium studio could have a ton of shows. gallery x are douches, but they'll do shows if you can afford to pay them. personally i think have heart should play there, rich you should put it on cause your the only one who could probably afford to. just saying.

anyways, i also am looking to make nbrock way better this summer. you guys do an awesome job just by coming here and posting. kids that lurk, youre welcome too. no need to listen to snide remarks about it if they are made. that being said, we have a bit of a spam problem which i'm working to fix.

CRAIG I NEED THE LOGIN TO THE SERVER SHIT call me back dammit.

i'm gonna install shopping cart software and email clients, so all the admins can have emails if they want them and we can start doing shit for real with mail order. i know all these thoughts were kinda cluttered and i'm just typing as i think of stuff cause i dont feel like doing a site update yet. we've got a fairly big enough (we as in new bedford music enthusiasts collectively) following to do stuff as we want to do it this summer. elder, outrage, my boys half hearted hero, another option, wolf whistle etc have been taking it to the next level and i think its time the scene starts supporting them instead of forcing them to put out all their songs for free just to get listeners locally. i've got a radio show at school, and all you umass kids have no excuse for not having radio shows. this is an easy way to get people into whats going on in nb. i mean, look at title fight or like xfilesx, totally different styles but name droppable in almost any scene. i've been talking to a lot of different people about most of this, its been hard having lost my spring break to my own stupid decisions but that aside i think we have a fighting chance to have an awesome summer of new bedford scenism. oh, and i really wanna press vinyl soon. if you are in a band and you want vinyl lets fucking do it. i'm looking into doing a ton of stuff right now so you guys help me split all these ideas up so they can happen! $5 $3 and free shows, cmon! (no offense rich) but i think everyone should put on shows if they want to, rich isnt the only person with a pa. two bands on a show for $3 IS really awesome. like, lets get dates set up and try to get touring bands in nb that everyone wants to see.

-john

Post subject: Re: ok so diy summer 09
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:04 pm 
scene kid

I'm all for free/cheap shows definitely no offense taken.
I understand where everyone's coming from with that, but it does remain my full time job with doing shows & school so I need to make something.
Plus I think by now everyone knows I pay bands fairly and the money I do make has gone back into shows anyways.
If you think $5 for 4 bands or $10 for 8 bands it's the same thing, just a preference that a lot of people prefer less bands.
That and eventually money saved will go to a full time venue someday so we can have all the shows we want and not have to worry about all this.
(Although I would LOVE to see some house shows go down. Some of the best shows I've been to have been in basements.)
Anyways The Garage said they will do shows in the spring, so I hope they stay true to that, because it's an awesome spot and should be in use for shows.
If so Pat/Have Heart said they'd play as soon as they can, but they are set on playing The Garage more or less in regards to venues.
For the most part I can probably help out with a PA or finding bands or promo (free color fliers) although bi-weekly might be kind of tough.
I'd say for Wings Court two shows a month would be sufficient. It might be hard for the city to even approve that and I wouldn't ask for too much kind of deal.
I agree New Bedford is a great area for music, albeit the lack of venues, we have great bands and a ton of people interested in music/shows.
Definitely try and find out what we have to do with City Hall to make Wings Court happen, but wouldn't Elissa already know and be able to tell you?

P.S. Not that I even mosh like ever, but seriously that rule kind of sucks.
I do agree though some of those shows got kind of messy with litter, that's something that would need to be fixed.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:32 pm 
Site Admin

yeah elissa is helping me but she doesnt want to do it.
good news on have heart wanting the garage, pat told me he hated playing there but i guess they've resigned to it.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:45 pm 

JCamps, I'm moving back to NB for good in May.

I haven't had anything at all to do with putting on shows ever, but I'd be down for being part of a Wings Court coalition, and trying to lend a hand, since I'll be in the area at least semi-permanently.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:48 pm 
scene kid

jcamps wrote:
yeah elissa is helping me but she doesnt want to do it.
good news on have heart wanting the garage, pat told me he hated playing there but i guess they've resigned to it.

Yeah I just meant in terms of finding out permits or whatever the city needs to let it happen, but I'm 100% down to do whatever.
I'd like to potentially do Front Page there... is there a set time shows have to start/end by there too?
Hmm I kept offering the Fall River PAL and Fairhaven VFW and he kept saying he wanted to play the Garage.
Did he mention why he hated it?
I'm sort of curious as to why he would.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:01 pm 

Rich wrote:
Hmm I kept offering the Fall River PAL and Fairhaven VFW and he kept saying he wanted to play the Garage.

Hetold me he wanted to play in New Bedford, like, that was the main point. So, maybe that's why he was so persistent, because the other venues were not NB.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:09 pm 

Also, I would be down to help, but not a full time devoted person. AND it'd have to be after I get out of school in towards the end of May. I really think the downtown wings court shows are awesome, but I think 1 every 3 weeks is better. every 2 weeks is too often and kids get bored and don't show up (just my opinion) That way we could end up having at least 5ish...watch...
Hypothetically speaking!
June 6th (Saturday)
June 27th (Saturday)
July 18th (Saturday)
Aug 8th (Saturday)
Aug 29th (Saturday)

I personally think it's the phattest way out. I don't know about the bi weekly thing...imagine if they had AHA night or some shit every other week? It'd get old QUICK

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:11 pm 
Site Admin

yeah he just didnt like how crowded it got last time they played there i think, and wants it to be in new bedford.

booker i'm glad youre down, i'm gonna be home all summer too. we'll have to hangout and talk about this, i'm right down the street from you in boston and nb.
i think we should have some camping trips or something in july too.

yeah my summer starts in may derek, so thats a good plan. i just meant i want there to be a ton of little shows all over to make up for lack of huge venues and cost of booking the ones that exist.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:16 pm 

jcamps wrote:
yeah he just didnt like how crowded it got last time they played there i think, and wants it to be in new bedford.

booker i'm glad youre down, i'm gonna be home all summer too. we'll have to hangout and talk about this, i'm right down the street from you in boston and nb.

yeah my summer starts in may derek, so thats a good plan. i just meant i want there to be a ton of little shows all over to make up for lack of huge venues and cost of booking the ones that exist.

I think we could get a better response with the every 3 week thing but w/e you think man. ALSO, I want in on the camping trip. I bought a new tent last year and it needs to get some good use this summer. We'll have to talk about all this soon bruda.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:19 pm 
scene kid

Yeah that's true he was set on New Bedford, but Gallery X isn't better than The Garage.
I think 3 weeks apart for shows would work out great.
Although I'm kind of planning something really big for June 27th @ Fall River VFW for Half Hearted Hero's tour.
Not that those dates or final or that this show will all work out, just saying.
If anyone can find out info on The Garage that'll be good.
I have an e-mail at home so I'll drop a line to see what can be done now.
Even if it's just AHA night shows that'll be alright, something's better than nothing.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:23 pm 
Site Admin

yeah i want to get a calendar for shows set up soon, i think phil is gonna start helping out with updates if he is still down.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:17 pm 

Awesome if HHH gets to tour. Good luck to them boys :) . ALSO, yooooooooooo a nighttime wings court show would be insane!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:43 pm 

jcamps wrote:

Fuck. Yes.

Also, I'll be fishing every day.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:46 pm 
scene kid

derkwithano wrote:
Awesome if HHH gets to tour. Good luck to them boys :) . ALSO, yooooooooooo a nighttime wings court show would be insane!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They have a New England tour set up with Caleb Lionheart I believe out of NY.
It's a regional tour as of right now with a few dates booked, but I think it's suppose to be longer.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:00 pm 
Site Admin

dude i live right around the corner from sassaquin, i gotta focus on getting a job before all this fun shit makes me not want to work at all.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:07 am 
Site Admin

So far the tentative stops are:

June, 26 2009 07:00 PM - TBA w/ Half Hearted Hero and Crucial Dudes
, Boston, Massachusetts -

June, 27 2009 07:00 PM - TBA w/ Half Hearted Hero and Crucial Dudes
Wallington, , Connecticut 00789 -

June, 28 2009 07:00 PM - 36 CHAMBERS w/ Half Hearted Hero and Crucial Dudes
36 Ditmars Street, Brooklyn, New York -

Summer Tour Sunday, June 28 @ 36 Chambers (36 Ditmars Street, Brooklyn, NY) w/ Half Hearted Hero, Crucial Dudes, The Marine Electric, and A Life Worth Living.
June, 29 2009 07:00 PM - TBA w/ Half Hearted Hero and Crucial Dudes
, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania -

June, 30 2009 07:00 PM - TBA w/ Half Hearted Hero and Crucial Dudes
, South, New Jersey -

July, 1 2009 07:00 PM - CHARM CITY ART SPACE w/ Half Hearted Hero and Crucial Dudes
, Baltimore, Maryland -

Summer Tour @ Charm City Art Space w/ Half Hearted Hero, Crucial Dudes, and others tba.

Supposedly Caleb wants us to tour with them until July 9th, but those dates aren't up yet.

I'll let you guys know more about this as it develops.

I think what jcamps is doing is 100% the coolest shit ever. I back him and am going to donate as much of my time and effort as possible into turning this into a reality.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:38 am 
scene kid

soothsayer wrote:
So far the tentative stops are:

June, 26 2009 07:00 PM - TBA w/ Half Hearted Hero and Crucial Dudes
, Boston, Massachusetts -

June, 27 2009 07:00 PM - TBA w/ Half Hearted Hero and Crucial Dudes
Wallington, , Connecticut 00789 -

June, 28 2009 07:00 PM - 36 CHAMBERS w/ Half Hearted Hero and Crucial Dudes
36 Ditmars Street, Brooklyn, New York -

Summer Tour Sunday, June 28 @ 36 Chambers (36 Ditmars Street, Brooklyn, NY) w/ Half Hearted Hero, Crucial Dudes, The Marine Electric, and A Life Worth Living.
June, 29 2009 07:00 PM - TBA w/ Half Hearted Hero and Crucial Dudes
, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania -

June, 30 2009 07:00 PM - TBA w/ Half Hearted Hero and Crucial Dudes
, South, New Jersey -

July, 1 2009 07:00 PM - CHARM CITY ART SPACE w/ Half Hearted Hero and Crucial Dudes
, Baltimore, Maryland -

Summer Tour @ Charm City Art Space w/ Half Hearted Hero, Crucial Dudes, and others tba.

Supposedly Caleb wants us to tour with them until July 9th, but those dates aren't up yet.

I'll let you guys know more about this as it develops.

I think what jcamps is doing is 100% the coolest shit ever. I back him and am going to donate as much of my time and effort as possible into turning this into a reality.

You should do it if you can, be good for you to get out there more.
I talked to them about doing the 27th in MA and if everything pans out Title Fight, Transit, Front Page, and you and them will all be on the same show and it might work into being Outrage's tour kickoff as well.
It's a lot of pending Front Page's ability to do a last show on that date (doing last shows with Title Fight/Transit), the bands they want, and if I can get a nicer venue to do this in (which hopefully I'll find out about soon).
It might have to backtrack in order for this to happen, but I think it be extremely well worth it and a huge turnout.
That or I can talk to someone else about setting up a Worcester/Boston/NH etc date on the 26th and then you could hit Wallingford later if you want.
All up in the air just figured this possibility out today, but I figured I'd let you know of course!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:53 am 

I'm wicked pumped about all of this and have talked to John and Meyer about it and it's all really fucking exciting. Since there's a good number of NB kids up here in Boston it'd be sweet to have NBRock operate in Boston somehow, and I'd be happy to help with that kind of thing. I'm assuming most of it would be promotional and stuff, but we could totally book a few New Bedford bands at the ICC or similar venues and get touring bands to play as well. And as far as things in New Bedford goes, I'd be visiting home way more often if there were more shows. Downtown's been poppin' off lately, so use that as an advantage! The city seems to be way more open to new things opening up so a venue doesn't seem that far-fetched.
As far as shows go, there NEED to be more acoustic shows. That's not just the singer-songwriter in me, it's such a good and different way to spend a night, and it would add a totally different dimension to the s c e n e. Most any venue that won't give you a show would totally change their mind if you point out that it's an acoustic show, so it's a great way to raise money as having a show that you wouldn't have otherwise. There are plenty of local acoustic acts (myself, Trevor, Andrea, Booker, The Jethros, etc.) not to mention kids like Dustin and the Furniture that are always driving around looking for places to play. And plenty of full-on bands could do acoustic sets no problem. I'd love to see a show with a handful of singer-songwriters as well as someone sleepy like Sophisticated Pills play. You could pretty much have an acoustic show anywhere, too. A store, restaurant, on the sidewalk on a nice summer day! It'd basically be the simplest way to fund-raise.
I'm so down for vinyl, too. If every active band could pump out at least two new songs for the summer, then there'd so many splits we could do. Dragged Out And Shot/Wolf Whistle, This is a Machine/It Ain't Easy, to name a few. I was thinking you could also set up a vinyl club. People would sign up and pay a small amount (like 10 or 15 bucks a month) and they would get a new split every time they came out, in addition to being able to buy them one at a time if they're not a member, too. The possibilities are endless!!!
Oh and as far as no moshing goes: I agree, it's a gay rule. Kids are going to wanna move, like it or not.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:18 am 

Rich wrote:
Front Page's ability to do a last show on that date (doing last shows with Title Fight/Transit)

Are they breaking up? If so, I figured that was coming since Man Overboard has been doing a lot more lately. Oh well, I got over them once I realized how good Title Fight was ;)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:25 am 
scene kid

derkwithano wrote:
Rich wrote:
Front Page's ability to do a last show on that date (doing last shows with Title Fight/Transit)

Are they breaking up? If so, I figured that was coming since Man Overboard has been doing a lot more lately. Oh well, I got over them once I realized how good Title Fight was ;)

Yeah same and they are doing a NJ and a MA show sometime this summer.
I'm stoked though I was hoping to get Title Fight down here and Justin from Front Page said it's almost definite they are on both shows.
I have a mini-fest (I know I know) in place if everything works out, but who knows.
I'd be happy with just Title Fight and Front Page being down here together though.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:29 am 

this thread rules, i'm so pumped for this summer and the future of this area's music in general. if you guys need an extra set of hands with the wings court shows or something keep me in mind, i'd gladly help out.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:47 am 

We need an extra set of lenses, Regan! Seriously dust off the camera and photojournalise the shit out of this.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:33 pm 
Site Admin

yeah anthony what you said is pretty much what i'll be doing this summer with trevor. i'm not doing any more than i can handle right now, so a few wings court shows and green bean acoustic stuff are my first pick cause i can do that easily. the premise of split acoustic vinyl is exactly the first real step i want this to go in, besides what i've been talking about with trevor regarding his hardcore stuff coming out on vinyl. i DEFINITELY think that nbrock should have bases in boston and providence for shows. i know rich used to do a lot at the living room when he could. guys, lets find some vfws or the icc and have a show or two.

evan you definetly should break your camera out and manage the photos page with my buddy tim. i already talked to him about how important film is to all this an anyone who wants to do that should be sharing it on here or a photo site, not myspaces that require kids to search and search through. bands can put the pics up that they want people to see of them playing, not the hoodstars.

craig, i know youre a busy dude but how is that site you showed me coming along???

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:47 pm 

Jcamps, glad you're back and good call on this thread. I was about to do the same thing a few days ago. I think with our efforts combined we can revive our scene and become captain planet.

A few things:

1. Aha night is weekly during july and august and its awesome! Get with it derk

2. I'm down with getting my hands dirty on whatever non-profit events are going down. Anyway I could help let me know.

3. The trash castle (aka the cash asshole aka the immaculate mansion) is going to get our shit together for basement shows. Small shows, 3 band tops but were going to try and bring some touring bands here. Maybe we could do one every three weeks as well and space it in accordance with the wings court shows.

4. I remember craig tried to set up a friends fest at buttonwood and It never happened. I think we should set up a monthly hang out/barbecue at the park

5. Crossing my fingers for the fairhaven vfw to come back. The old stomping grounds.

I've noticed a slew of new kids at the past couple of local shows I've went to. If they get exposed to a good, self sufficient scene it may plant seeds for them to do the same when they get older.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:28 pm 
Site Admin

i'm gonna get in touch with mark for green bean/bristol building shows, i just left him a voicemail.
elissa says the guy to talk to at city hall is nelson ostiguy, i think wing's court shows should be a team effort since downtown is sort of a free zone and its a huge task. what do you guys think is fair green bean admission? $5? $3 friendlist? thats what i'm thinking, and anyone filming, or doing pictures for nbrock gets in free. if you do sound for free then you can get like 5 people in for free. but i need cheap sound and rich is awesome for it, but $50 breaks the bank on those shows (kind of) and it forces me to book them around his availability. who else has pa skills?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:10 pm 

oh john, for webmail don't install software on the server because all of it sucks. use google apps and remove all the extra stuff and keep gmail.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:44 pm 
Site Admin

you'll have to show me next time we hangout.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:06 pm 
scene kid

jcamps wrote:
yeah anthony what you said is pretty much what i'll be doing this summer with trevor. i'm not doing any more than i can handle right now, so a few wings court shows and green bean acoustic stuff are my first pick cause i can do that easily. the premise of split acoustic vinyl is exactly the first real step i want this to go in, besides what i've been talking about with trevor regarding his hardcore stuff coming out on vinyl. i DEFINITELY think that nbrock should have bases in boston and providence for shows. i know rich used to do a lot at the living room when he could. guys, lets find some vfws or the icc and have a show or two.

evan you definetly should break your camera out and manage the photos page with my buddy tim. i already talked to him about how important film is to all this an anyone who wants to do that should be sharing it on here or a photo site, not myspaces that require kids to search and search through. bands can put the pics up that they want people to see of them playing, not the hoodstars.

craig, i know youre a busy dude but how is that site you showed me coming along???

Vinyl would be awesome. I have Club Hell on good terms for Providence, but I know the ICC is booked basically only by MassLiveEvents (or close friends).
Yeah a specific photo site would be great. Everyone can put all their pictures on one site and tag them so people don't have to search for pictures after shows they know there's a specific spot to go. (ex Futurebreed or ReturnToThePit)

jcamps wrote:
i'm gonna get in touch with mark for green bean/bristol building shows, i just left him a voicemail.
elissa says the guy to talk to at city hall is nelson ostiguy, i think wing's court shows should be a team effort since downtown is sort of a free zone and its a huge task. what do you guys think is fair green bean admission? $5? $3 friendlist? thats what i'm thinking, and anyone filming, or doing pictures for nbrock gets in free. if you do sound for free then you can get like 5 people in for free. but i need cheap sound and rich is awesome for it, but $50 breaks the bank on those shows (kind of) and it forces me to book them around his availability. who else has pa skills?

Yeah that sounds fair although the Green Bean seemed pretty strict on shows with the noise and such.
It's really too bad because that side room is a pretty solid space.
As far as sound there's definitely other people with PA's.
I think for Green Bean shows it be good to use a smaller PA because my current set up would be far too big/impractical.
I'd probably be okay with letting mine be used for free for Wings Court shows as long as I didn't have a show planned that day (which I wouldn't intend to)
Outdoor shows require something better and the vocals were always ehh to me at those shows with the PA used in the past.
I could talk to my brother about doing sound for free, but I don't think he'd mind as long as he's not working.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:23 pm 

Just use Flickaaaaaaa

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:27 am 

You could definitely host a sub-site for photos on nbrock.net. Nbrock.net/pics or something along those lines obvs.
And acoustic basement shows at the Trash Castle/Hash Hassle is totally something I could get into.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:05 am 
Site Admin

acoustic???? we're soundproofing that motherfucker! plus everyone else that lives here works at night, and you know martin don't give a nasty fuuuck

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:00 pm 
Site Admin

Didn't like nbrock v 1.0 have a photo section for each show in the style of RttP and futurebreed?

I seem to remember it, but am not sure if i'm right.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:18 pm 
Site Admin

yeah evan, why don't you and matt set that up. you live with the kid whose name is on the server address for crissakes, but wait until craig finishes his shit for the new site cause it's really awesome looking and it would be implemented into that more than version 6 of nbrock thats up now.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:03 pm 
Site Admin

awesome! i know you got a lot goin' on right now man, we should get some chartwells one afternoon this week if you're free.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:40 am 

im willing to organize shows at my house in boston this summer if youre willing to get your asses over here you wimps. ;)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:40 am 

im willing to organize shows at my house in boston this summer if youre willing to get your asses over here you wimps. ;)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:31 am 
Site Admin

i will

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:55 am 

due to popular demand i'll be using my camera again. i just got done ordering a cheap new flash (which was really the only thing holding me back) for my cheap old camera and i'll be back at it as soon as it comes in. i'm going to try to be at as many shows and local events as possible.

jcamps, we should talk more about a getting a new photo page up and running soon.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:15 am 
Site Admin

yeah dude, i have some dreamcast games for you to copy too. when you free dude?

rachel, start having house shows now while i still live down the street from you!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:59 pm 

just have a stripper party

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:26 pm 
Site Admin

now THAT'S a good fundraising idea.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:26 am 

Set up a call center for people to make phone calls and ask people for donations to nbrock.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:34 am 

A big help as far as the attention goes is for those with money, say rich, to make a big investment in a band that everyone wants to see, not just the NBrockstars. It needs to be something people would travel here for (and off campus for) and it needs to be legit.

It's like investing, you make a decent scale investment, you make a return, and then you use that return to make a higher scale investment that the previous time before.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:14 am 

Duh. This is NBrock though dude, not the fucking Tweeter center

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:14 pm 

Yeah it's very true, but I was aiming toward something a little less scale than REM. Andrew W.K. is at a 300 capacity venue (I don't wanna even know how that's gonna turn up) in Worcester. Venue is important in this still, and it'ld work in somewhere like Fall River at the PAL...but this is NBrock, not FRmetal.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:48 pm 

A.J. Pitts wrote:
A big help as far as the attention goes is for those with money, say rich, to make a big investment in a band that everyone wants to see, not just the NBrockstars. It needs to be something people would travel here for (and off campus for) and it needs to be legit.

It's like investing, you make a decent scale investment, you make a return, and then you use that return to make a higher scale investment that the previous time before.

Glad to see they still have intro economics at umass.

Even if REM or live wants to play a free show in nb there's no legitimate all ages venues so it doesn't matter. I'm pretty sure rich has been pursuing creating one. One step at a time.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:05 pm 

Nevermind the fact you cant just go "hey x band heres x dollars" and they'll come play your show.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:16 pm 
scene kid

vegas wrote:
Nevermind the fact you cant just go "hey x band heres x dollars" and they'll come play your show.

Yeah unless you offer substantial amounts, reputation is more important.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:24 pm 

punks dead you're next -athornhilll

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:58 pm 
Site Admin

youre talkin about whackin' isaiah, not athornhill.