It is currently Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:46 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: A rare sentimental moment
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:51 pm 
Site Admin

A few days ago a comedian who I found very funny, Harris Wittels died of a drug overdose. I came to know his work through the podcast Comedy Bang Bang, where he would do a feature called "Harris' Foam Corner," a segment that involved him reading awful jokes he texted to himself but were so terrible they could not be included in his act. I know everyone here appreciates some truly bad jokes that some how become funny, I figured I'd share them with you.

Post subject: Re: A rare sentimental moment
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:21 am 

This was some of the saddest news I've heard in a long, long time. Knowing that someone with so much promise passed away at such a young age is always hard to come to terms with. Addiction is a very selfish disease, not only for those it affects but for those who are surrounded by it. It's a disease we should acknowledge immediately and without hesitation if we are confronted by it. Many of us may know someone afflicted by drug addiction, depression, etc. It's never too late to get help or get help for those you love. He was one of my favorite writers, artists, comedians, and overall contributors to the world of comedy. He left behind an incredible body of work that deserves a complete and thorough exploration. RIP Harris Wittels, Our tour guide through the cosmos.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:57 pm 
Site Admin

Just seeing the words "tour guide through the cosmos" triggered an automatic "I'm sorry" in my mind

RIP

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:05 pm 

still bums me out whenever I'm podcastin'. I'm totally gonna miss Carl Sjunior. phish still sucks though.